6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Execute cell culture process development and optimization experiments using various vessels such as shake flasks, Wave and bench scale bioreactors, stainless steel and single use pilot scale bioreactors for the production of monoclonal antibodies and other recombinant proteins.
- Monitor and evaluate mammalian cell culture performance in experiments utilizing various instruments such as cell counters, blood gas and chemistry analyzers, and others.
- Prepare stock solutions and media for mammalian cell culture as needed.
- Perform other lab support activities such as basic equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and lab organization.
- Communicate own work effectively.
- Occasional weekend work determined by project and experiment demand.
- BS with 0-2 years’ experience in biochemical engineering, bioengineering, chemical engineering, biotechnology, life sciences, or related fields.
- Fundamental understanding of biochemistry, cell biology, biotechnology, or chemical engineering.
- Hands on experience with aseptic techniques is a must.
- Mammalian cell culture lab experience strongly desired.
- Strong communication and organization skills; be able to multi-task; be highly self-motivated, flexible, be able to collaborate and work effectively in teams.
- Experience in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must.
- Experience in experiment design and data analysis using statistical tools and software is a plus.
- Experience working in GMP and on harvest process is also a plus.