80 Guest Street Boston, MA 94588
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in Boston. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Works under general supervision, to conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding.
- Makes recommendations to resolve problems encountered during experimental procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results.
- Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader.
- Communicates results of experiments in the form of reports and presentations.
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA).
- Analyzes experimental data using various data analysis software and/or applying quantitative methods. Forms conclusions, and provides/documents process improvements. Uses technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. May present findings at internal meeting.
- Assumes accountability for own electronic notebook documentation, ensuring experimental methods and results are recorded timely, accurately and consistently, and according to established formats.
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation.
- May troubleshoot issues related to instrumentation.
- Receives general instructions; plans and executes own work.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in area of scientific responsibility.
- May establish and work with individuals or teams outside of immediate functional area or RMD.
- Knows and effectively uses the broad concepts of a particular filed or specialization to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity.
- Analyzes alternative approaches to solve problems or develop new perspectives on existing solutions.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Biology, Chemistry or related areas with 0-2 years of experience and a strong interest and aptitude in Research and development.
- We are interested in candidates right out of college, fresh but with positive emerge, willing to learn new things.
- Please ensure bill rates are aligned with this level of experience.
- Knowledge and work experience with real-time PCR -preferred
- Experience in IVD Assay development
- Excellent computer skills with MS office and organizational and communication skills required.