Scientist I/II/Sr. Scientist
4300 Hacienda Dr Pleasanton, CA 94588
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I/II/Sr. Scientist to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Scientist I/II/Sr. Scientist:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Execute standard molecular biology techniques, especially next generation sequencing library preparation, on clinical DNA samples.
- Follow protocols precisely, and with extreme care, as material derived from clinical samples is highly limited.
- Perform cell-free nucleic acids extraction from clinical plasma specimens, whole blood, and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue
- Prepare experimental reports in electronic lab notebook (eLN) system
- Perform basic analyses related to sequencing metrics and bioinformatics
- Present observed results at group meetings
- Execute development and optimization experiments
- Operate next generation sequencers
- This position will require handling of infectious materials
Summary of Qualifications:
- Scientist I: Bachelor' s degree in biological sciences with 0-4 years' relevant
- Scientist II: Bachelor' s degree in biological sciences with 2-6 years' relevant experience or master degree 0-2 years' relevant experience.
- Sr. Scientist: Bachelor' s degree in biological sciences with 6-10 years' relevant experience or master degree 2-6 years' relevant experience or PhD 0-2 years' relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of standard molecular biology techniques.
- Hands-on molecular biology experience, including using multichannel pipettes
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology
- Familiarity with nucleic acid extraction/purification technology
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs, especially Word and Excel applications
- Knowledge of statistics
- Ability to work independently and able to work with cross-functional teams