4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I/ II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Scientist I/ II:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Scientist I/Scientist II will become a member of the Oncology Applications team in Pleasanton for the development of RUO and CE-IVD/IVD products for use on next-generation sequencing (NGS) systems. The successful candidate will help develop new assays and updates to current assays related to NGS applications including nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis.
Our main project areas include:
- Development of innovative molecular biology methods to improve our existing NGS assays for the detection of tumor-specific variants
- Development of new content to cover additional cancer types and kinds of mutations
- Research studies on the utility of NGS assays in clinical trials.
- Working independently under manager supervision, execute standard molecular biology techniques, especially next generation sequencing library preparation, on DNA and RNA samples
- Execute development and optimization experiments
- Be comfortable with and able to adapt to regular protocol changes as protocols are being developed and improved
- Perform nucleic acid extraction from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue
- Prepare experimental reports in electronic lab notebook (eLN) system
- Perform basic analyses related to sequencing metrics and bioinformatics
- Present observed results at group meetings, Operate next generation sequencers
- This position will require handling of infectious materials
Summary of Qualifications:
- Scientist I: Bachelor' s degree in biological sciences with 0-4 years' relevant experience
- Scientist II: Bachelor' s degree in biological sciences with 2-6 years' relevant experience or master degree 0-2 years' relevant experience
- Strong laboratory proficiency in standard molecular biology techniques and knowledge of the underlying concepts
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology, particularly library preparation
- Proficiency using multichannel pipettes
- Experience with nucleic acid extraction/purification technology
- Experience working with RNA
- Experience handling small (ng) amounts of nucleic acids
- Experience performing molecular biology techniques on many samples simultaneously
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools, sequence analysis algorithms and NCBI programs such as BLAST