6755 Kaiser Dr Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientist I/II to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Initiates and completes scientific experiments with minimal supervision
- Able to search scientific literature and extract useful information to apply to the project
- Performs troubleshooting for technical problems
- Communicates own work orally and in writing, providing input to supervisor for internal reports, presentations, proposals or external publications
- Master’ s degree with 0-5 years of experience or a recent PhD in Chemical / Biochemical engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Biology or related scientific field
- Basic understanding of biochemistry, protein separation and analytics
- Hands on experience with aseptic technique, microbial/mammalian cell culture and process analytics technology
- Proficiency using Excel, Spotfire, JMP
- Experience in OPC programming and Delta V automation is a plus
- Able to collaborate and work effectively in teams