Scientist I, Pharmaceutical Development
7555 Gateway Boulevard Newark, CA 94560
Bayside Solutions is looking to add a Scientist I to be part of a growing team out of the Newark Area.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization aimed at developing existing therapeutics to be applied to their drug delivery system.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lead a research project to understand the mechanism of action of products
- Perform mammalian cell culture, immunostaining and protein characterization (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, etc.)
- Assist assay development and perform routine test to support other group activities.
- Train and supervise more junior team members.
- Ownership of the writing of development reports and test methods.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry or related fields with 0-2 years in industry working with proteins and peptides.
- Proven in-depth knowledge in protein chemistry is a must.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a team-oriented environment are required.
- Proficient in basic protein characterization skills (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, etc.)
- Familiar with mammalian cell culture and fluorescence microscopy.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team, handle multiple projects, demonstrate initiative and accountability, and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Previous cGMP experiences, a plus.
- Experience in neuroscience is a plus.
- Understanding structural biology is a plus.