Scientist / Sr. Scientist - Molecular Biology and Protein Expression
2 Corporate Drive, 2nd Floor South San Francisco, CA 94080
Recruitment for Protein Sciences - Scientist/Sr. Scientist Molecular Biology and Protein Expression
We are currently recruiting for Scientist, reporting to Associate Director Protein Sciences. This position will be based in South San Francisco.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced research scientist with a PhD in a relevant life science discipline with a track record of success in cloning, purifying and preparing protein samples for analysis by a variety of laboratory methods. The successful candidate should be an expert in molecular biology, protein expression, purification methods. The ideal candidate would have also extensive experience in protein engineering. The successful candidate will be a member of the team, led by the Associate Director - Protein Sciences.
- Optimize cloning workflow and protein production pipeline
- Execute cloning transient transfection of mammalian cells for generation of large batches of recombinant proteins.
- Ensure the maintenance of batch record and proper documentation.
- The ideal candidate holds an PhD in Biochemistry, molecular biology or relevant biological sciences.
- The role demands a highly goal-driven approach and the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
- The ideal candidate will have worked for 2+ years in industry with documented experience with protein sciences. Strong expertise in molecular biology and high-throughput cloning methodologies.
- The ideal candidate should be an expert in molecular biology and protein expression (most importantly from mammalian cell expression platforms) as well as purification methods.
- Must be highly dedicated to train research associate, for motivating team success, and to contribute in a collegial manner to the entire company.