475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Scientific Researcher to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a talented and highly motivated individual for a Scientific Researcher / Sr. Scientific Researcher for the Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology group.
- The successful candidate will be participating in biologics drug discovery program in South San Francisco location.
- Specifically, this individual will need to have experience with emphasis in developing, validating, and performing cell-based and biochemical assays to supporting cellular and biochemical characterization of antibody therapeutics, as well as pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic biomarker measurements.
- The individual will be expected to incorporate automated/semi-automated equipment in his/her daily work.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to conduct detailed data analysis and to function as part of a multi-disciplinary project team.
Summary of Qualifications:
- A BS or MS in Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or a related field.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in biotechnology or academic labs.
- Experience with tissue culture work is required.
- Additional experience with computerized data analysis methods and software, including automated dose-response measurements, or high-content cellular assay development and screening, image-based assay, quantitative FACS, molecular biology techniques or automation would be a plus.
- The candidate should possess excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must have strong oral & written communication.
- Ability to multitask and good experience with interdepartmental or external collaborations.