Sample Information Importer
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Sample Information Importer to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Sample Information Importer
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The purpose of this role is to import sample data information working with vendors, clinical study and research resources, external labs and CROs responsible personnel.
- This role supports Sample Information Managers locally and globally in sample request tasks and related activities.
- Responsible for importing and managing external lab data into BRM databases based on the set up plan from Sample Information Managers and according to sampling design and planning
- Responsible for resolving external data related issues in adherence to sample information standards and compliance, to ensure sample data integrity is not compromised
- Responsible for coordination and resolution of data file related issues directly with BRM vendors and CROs
- Responsible for communication and follow up for sampling issue resolution
- In consultation with Sample Information Manager, resolves and closes sample and sample information issues. Escalates unresolved issues to Sample Information Manager.
Summary of Qualifications:
- A life science BSc or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience with database configuration and set up, data importation / data entry or bioinformatics
- Knowledge of the collection, processing, storage requirements for different sample types
- Previous experience working with biological samples and associated LIMS and other electronic sample tracking systems is a plus
- Proven ability to understand customer needs and deliver to expectations
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and demonstrate problem solving capabilities
- Experience in communication with vendors, customers and peers
- Prior experience in working virtually with distributed teams and individuals
- Pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience is a plus