1450 Fashion Island Blvd. San Mateo, CA 94404 | Contract-to-Hire
SR SQL Developer
Industry: Financial Services
Duration: Contract to Hire (GC or Citizen only)
Location: San Mateo, CA
Interview Process: Phone, Onsite
Bayside Solutions is seeking an experienced SQL Developer to work on the design, development, implementation and support of client database applications. The Database Developer will support business functions through use of internally-developed and third-party software solutions, contribute to database and software specifications, and will be responsible for developments and enhancements to computer software programs. The Database Developer will also perform business analysis, quality assurance testing and database modeling.
Our Company Bio: Founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
It’ s an exciting time to be in our IT department; under the leadership of our newly-appointed Chief Technology Officer, we’ re investing heavily in the future of our firm’ s technology. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled technology team that drives future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm’ s diverse businesses, and we’ re excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented technologists to our team.
Our IT Department is now seeking a highly talented Database Developer to join our team. This individual will primarily work on the design, development, implementation and support of Fisher Investments database applications. The Database Developer will support business functions through use of internally-developed and third-party software solutions, contribute to database and software specifications, and will be responsible for developments and enhancements to computer software programs. The Database Developer will also perform business analysis, quality assurance testing and database modeling. This position can be located in our San Mateo, CA, office (near San Francisco, CA) or Camas, WA, office (near Portland, OR). This will be a contract-to-hire or direct hire opportunity.
- Database development, reporting development and data migration
- Perform database design by analyzing business requirements
- Develop complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and SSIS packages
- Define and develop a data migration strategy between different products and platforms
- Optimization and tuning of SQL - Design, develop and migrate SSRS reports
- Meet with business experts to analyze and document requirements from a database perspective
- Assist database administrators (DBA) in defining architectural standards for database applications
- Review applications and database design for compliance
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolution of database issues
- Assist in the application development, debugging, configuration and optimization
- Must have 7+ years of experience in relational database development or administration in a commercial enterprise setting
- 7+ year experience in database design, development/administration and implementation experience may be substituted for degree
- Must demonstrate a clear understanding of the logical and physical database design (for both transactional and data warehouse) and data normalization concepts
- Must have extensive hands-on experience with MS SQL Server 2012 SSIS, MS SQL Server 2012 SSRS and Transact-SQL
- Excellent, proven troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Must have a team-based attitude and be skilled at building constructive and effective relationships
- Experience with software development life cycle a plus
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Financial industry experience is a plus
- Programming experience with Financial industry experience is a plus
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering or equivalent work experience