2801 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a SHE Associate to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Functions as a Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Business Partner for assigned business function.
- The position will evaluate, develop, implement, and maintain SHE policies, procedures, and programs to ensure compliance with all local, city, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Working under close supervision and guidance, proposes, plans, organizes, executes and maintains the quality of various SHE protection programs as assigned. These may include such areas of but not limited to: biosafety, chemical safety (employee protection, hazard communication, spills, waste, etc.), physical safety (e.g., ergonomics, noise, lasers, radiation, etc.), environmental (eg., chemical and solid waste management, key figures, permits, sustainability, etc…), and industrial hygiene.
- Assist key stakeholders with applicable SHE design guidelines within areas of expertise for new production equipment, new construction, and/ or remodel of existing infrastructure.
- Performs incident investigations to prevent recurrence of similar events. Track resolution of issues.
- Communication of SHE issues and programs to various levels of management by the development of data, graphs, reports, and/or presentations related to areas of expertise and assigned program areas.
- Facilitates site SHE teams/ committees and participates in cross-functional teams and/or meetings.
- Develops, implements, and conducts formal campus wide SHE inspections and audits.
- Develops and administers SHE related training and communication programs.
- Supports SHE management with projects or activities as assigned.
- Conducts chemical and biological specimen inventories, downloads all SDS and documentation relevant.
- Under close supervision update and upgrade Safety, Health and Environmental programs
- Key Figure Reporting - data collection, data roadmap, data reporting for assigned bay area sites.
- Assist Environmental leads at Bay Area sites with their programs (waste reduction, composting, recycling, electronic waste, universal waste, office waste, waste water, all permitting)
- Under close supervision facilitates and assists in Los Gatos and San Jose move to Santa Clara
- Under close supervision, assist in collection, inventorying and disposal of electronic waste in a compliant manner.
- Under close supervision, assist in overseeing decommissioning and decontamination of equipment and lab facilities.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with a major in a physical science, life science, environmental sciences, engineering, safety, industrial hygiene, or other relevant field.
- Will work towards completion of applicable certification(s) and/or continued education based on individual development plan and business need.
- 0-2 years of experience within an industry such as: automobile, diagnostics, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas industry, or other relevant industries.
- Must be able to identify, learn, develop, implement, and sustain new areas of subject matter expertise, as business needs change. Implements change as directed.
- Investigates within confined regimen and applies knowledge of regulations and/or corporate policies relating to their field of expertise.
- Results impact immediate to short-term objectives of the department level within a business function.
- Effective negotiation, written and oral communication skills, active listening skills, and ability to effectively communicate scientific, technical, and regulatory information.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective training material in an interesting and informative manner.
- Will demonstrate positive impact on injury prevention, reducing adverse impacts, and improving regulatory compliance and company conformance.
- Shares learned technology and information through formal and informal means at a departmental level.
- Effectively communicate performance data and concepts.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Google Docs, Gmail, Gdrive, Microsoft Office Suite.