105 Digital Drive Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Technician to be part of our client’ s team in Novato. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Research Technician I, will support activities in the Formulation development laboratories encompassing the areas of laboratory equipment maintenance, laboratory facility maintenance, GLP documentation, reagent preparation, and supporting development activities as needed. The RT I is responsible for oversight/scheduling of routine maintenance of analytical instrumentation, controlled temperature environment (CTE) chambers, general laboratory facility maintenance. The selected candidate should possess excellent organizational, and communication skills and also be a self-starter willing to work efficiently in a dynamic environment.
- Performs routine instrument/equipment maintenance to ensure the proper function and compliant use.
- Performs good documentation practices with instrument and equipment laboratory logbooks and ensures compliance in their documentation.
- Performs routine laboratory facilities checks to ensure proper maintenance and compliant use of the laboratory areas and equipment.
- Assists in the procurement, receiving, installment and repair of bioanalytical instrumentation and lab equipment.
- Coordinates and performs common reagent preparation of buffers and other necessary routine reagents used in research.
- Maintains and washes glassware
- Participate and contribute ideas in process improvement meetings
- Participates in projects or tasks assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum: Associates degree in a scientific discipline and experience as a laboratory technician or laboratory assistant
- Preferred: Bachelor’ s degree in a scientific discipline and an academic background in biotechnology or equivalent.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to perform tasks with direct or minimal supervision
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, is motivated, and organized