Research Technician IV
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Technician IV to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Technician IV
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Managing and keeping up-to-date a request system for reagents from multiple labs and scientists.
- PCR and primer design and optimization.
- Plasmid DNA prep and sequence analysis.
- Large scale in vitro transcription reactions from plasmid or PCR products followed by RNA purification using beads and/or columns.
- Bioanalyzer analysis of RNA purity.
- In vitro translation reactions.
- Cell culture — Passaging and counting of cultured mammalian cells.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master’ s degree in a biology-related field (Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry preferred) with 2+ years of laboratory research experience OR PhD in biomedical field with 0-5 years’ experience.
- Experience with molecular cloning, nucleic acid extraction, purification, and analysis (qualitative and quantitave assessment of DNA and RNA), and mammalian cell culture (sterile technique, cell counting, and passaging).
- Direct experience working with RNA and performing in vitro transcription reactions and is a plus.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn. Must work well with others and be a team player.