Research Technician III
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities
- We have an opening for an enthusiastic and talented Scientific Researcher/Senior Scientific Researcher to join our BioAnalytical Sciences (BAS) Department. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for developing, qualifying and executing immune-assays to measure therapeutic drug levels, anti-drug antibodies, and biomarker responses, and to generate data in support of pre-clinical and clinical studies in support of the Genentech Immunology pipeline.
- Strong education in biochemistry is required. Responsibilities for this position include development and implementation of assays to meet project goals. Working with Scientists, this individual will be responsible for development, characterization, and qualification of in vitro methods to quantify biotherapeutic levels in various species and biological matrices, to detect and characterize immune responses evoked by the biotherapeutic, to measure biomarkers, to conduct biological characterization in support of regulatory filings, and to work with contract research organizations to transfer and validate assays.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. in Biological Sciences or equivalent with at least 2 years hands-on laboratory experience including developing bioanalytical methods in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Hands-on industry experience to advance biological therapeutics from preclinical to clinical development.
- Experience with immuno-assay development to support clinical studies.
- Hands-on experience with immunoassay development work such as ELISA is required.
- A practical knowledge and understanding of standard laboratory procedures and computerized data handling is also essential.
- Experience in sample preparation and previous work with human and animal tissues for quantification of biological proteins.
- Familiarity with rigorous data analysis methods and software is preferred.
- Familiarity with Gyros, Singulex, Quanterix, Ella, and Luminex platforms is a plus.
- Experience developing and qualifying PK, biomarker, ADA assays.
- Experience with quantitative data analysis methods and software is required.
- The position requires ability to present scientific data intra- and inter-departmentally and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills, teamwork and communication.