Research Technician I, Mouse Handling & Tissue Culture
340 Pt. San Bruno Blvd., SSF15 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Technician I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Cancer Immunology Department is seeking a highly motivated and versatile Research Technician.
- Technician will be part of a team that rotates daily between large scale projects as necessary.
- Duties will include high throughput ELISPOT assays, tumor and tissue processing, analysis of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes by flow cytometry, in vivo tumor models, and mammalian cell culture.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a biology-related field (Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry preferred) with 2+ years of laboratory research experience or PhD in biomedical field with 0-5 years’ experience.
- Experience with mouse handling, tissue processing, and mammalian cell culture (sterile technique, cell counting, and passaging) required.
- Experience with tumor models and/or immunology techniques, including flow cytometry a plus.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn. Attention to detail is essential.
- Must work well with others and be a team player.