Research Technician I
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Technician I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This lab research assistant/associate contractor will work within the Purification Development department in South San Francisco.
- This person will be a member of a team whose department responsibilities include some routine lab equipment maintenance, data compliance checks, coordinating/managing samples from large-scale production runs, and coordination/preparation of samples for analytical and impurity assays.
- This team member will also support the department as a flexible resource to assist with experiment execution readiness and perform pre-defined protein purification experiments utilizing resin chromatography, filtration studies, and ultrafiltration/diafiltration.
- As a flexible resource for the department, the team member will interact with engineers and scientists within Purification Development.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Recent BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related field
- Experience in research labs, internships, healthcare, biotech, or pharmaceutical industry
- Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment (balance, pH/conductivity meter, UV spectrophotometer, pipettes, etc) is required.
- Desired: experience with protein purification using AKTA/AVANT, HPLC, Pendotech filtration, AKTA crossflow, and any robotic systems are desirable
- Understanding of recombinant protein purification techniques (e.g. chromatography, centrifugation, normal flow filtration, and tangential flow filtration) is strongly desired.
- Must be highly motivated, highly productive and comfortable working in a fast-paced laboratory environment.
- Ability to work independently with moderate to minimal guidance is required.
- The candidate should possess excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Must be a strong team player, possessing excellent time management and multi-tasking skills and ability to operate in a flexible and dynamic environment.