Research Technician I
320 DNA Way, SSF32 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Technician I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This person responsible for supporting lab space-related activities (e.g. safety, facilities, materials, equipment, freezer management, and continuous improvement) for multiple lab spaces dedicated to manufacturing technology innovation and experimentation. Primarily, this person will support the iLabs team and collaborators to create and maintain:
- A safe lab environment where ideators from across Global Pharma Technical Operations organization can experiment with new innovations for manufacturing technology
- An open and inviting space where staff and collaborators can work effectively across multiple lab spaces utillizating standardized, efficient, and sustainable processes.
- Provide regular coverage and serve as key contact across three lab spaces during the development/ramp-up of the iLabs spaces interfacing with various groups such as such as scientists, engineers, safety, facilities, vendors/suppliers, etc.
- Safety: Maintain a safe lab environment. Be a member/lead for the iLabs team safety program. Provide training and oversight for collaborators, inspections, and lab walkthroughs. Ensure appropriate waste removal.
- Facilities: Initiate and follow through on work orders and activities such as lab modifications, shutdowns, cleanouts, equipment moves, recycling.
- Materials: Order supplies for iLabs project experimentation (e.g. consumables, reagents), screen and order new/misc items, work with suppliers/vendors to ensure stockrooms are organized and adequately stocked. Work independently to obtain quotes and replacing items when needed. Maintain chemical and supplies inventory.
- Equipment: Ensures all essential lab equipment are (1) regularly maintained, calibrated, and functioning per required use, (2) surplus equipment are stored or recycled, (3) defective equipment are scheduled for repair or replacement, (4) purchase and install new equipment including tracking purchase orders and capital requests.
- Compliance: potential for compliance and quality assessments to document system impact assessments on equipment utilized for qualification and/or validation activities
- Freezer mgmt: Responsible for freezer inventories, sample tracking, FMS response, freezer upkeep, regular cleanouts etc.
- Continuous improvement: coordinate and support regular lab clean-outs and/or implementation of lab organization system (eg 5S, Kanban, etc). Streamline lab-related processes (e.g. Kaizens, implement IT solutions) with an increased focus on standardization / adoption of best practices.
- Miscellaneous: May perform miscellaneous lab related and admin tasks
- Works under general supervision of iLabs team members to complete standard tasks and engages with team to support strategic lab spaces improvements using good communication skills and initiative.
Summary of Qualifications:
- AA/AS in a technical or life sciences field required (mechanical, biological, biomedical, chemical engineering/technology) or equivalent 2-5 yrs. of experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Medical Device industry
- BA/BS degree in an engineering field (mechanical, biological, biomedical, chemical) or equivalent with 0-2 years’ experience in project management, lab management, administrative support or as a research assistant.
- Good organizational skills and self-starter. Must possess strong problem solving skills, solid judgment, and be detail oriented.
- Able to work autonomously from established goals and strategic direction. Must be able to cope with multiple priorities and ambiguity.
- Solid presentation, communications, networking, and influencing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and gSuite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, gDoc, gSheet, gSlides).
- Potential for extended periods of time sitting at a desk using the computer.
- Must be able to lift 30-plus pounds, stand and sit for extended periods of time.