Research Technician I
44 DNA Way, SSF03 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Technician I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The candidate will perform gene annotations and develop tools to facilitate gene sequence and BLAST searchers using genome sequence of a parental cell line and NGS sequences of a derived cell line.
- Work independently and with scientists and researchers to improve organism genome annotation.
- Integrate next generation sequencing data, RNA-Seq, whole genome, long read technologies
- Customize and develop add-on features for existing genome browser
- Perform genome quality analyses
Summary of Qualifications:
- Requires degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, genetics, or biology, computer science: Bachelor degree plus 4 or more years’ relevant experience, or Master degree plus 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Proficient with genome mapping and annotation.
- Experience working with next generation sequencing data.
- Experience with browsing tools such as JBrowse, Ensembl.
- Experience performing BLAST searches.
- Experience with Rest API and programming methodologies (Java, Python, R, Perl).
- Experience with using relational databases.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.