Research Scientist, Lysosomal Pathway & Glial Biology
161 Oyster Point Blvd South San Francisco, CA 94080
Research Scientist, Lysosomal Pathway & Glial Biology (6 Month Contract)
South San Francisco, CA
- Work under supervision of senior scientists to conduct research in a dynamic, highly-collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Support identification and validation of targets using in vitro and in vivo assays.
- Maintain detailed records of the experimental procedures and data in accordance with policy
- Communicate experimental designs, protocols, and data to cross-functional teams and collaborators
- A Bachelors or Masters degree with at least 3 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience in biology, neuroscience, cell biology, or related field
- Extensive experience in molecular, biochemical, and cellular techniques, including mammalian cell culture and transfection, western blotting, immunohistochemistry, ELISA and qPCR.
- Expertise in microscopy and image analysis is preferred.
- Highly organized with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills and enjoy collaborative environments
- Creative and inquisitive thinker who is eager to explore and learn new skills