Research Associate/Sr. RA
500 Saginaw Dr., First Floor Redwood City, CA 94063
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate/Sr RA to be part of our Client’ s team in Redwood City. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biopharmaceutical company focusing on the discovery, development, and commercialization of new therapies to treat the pathologic process of fibrotic disorders.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate/Sr RA
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform in vivo studies to evaluate anti-cancer efficacy of test agents in tumor mouse models
- Monitor mice groups enrolled in drug efficacy and mechanism of action studies
- Perform drug dosing by various routes of administration
- Monitor in-life study measurements: tumor volume, body weight, tracking overall health condition and survival of mice
- Entering data in animal management software
- Availability to work on weekends (rotating schedule)
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- BS in Biology or related field with 5+ years of direct experience with mouse syngeneic and/or xenograft tumor models in a commercial vivarium
- Absolutely Required: Demonstrated experience with subcutaneous tumor models. And ability to work independently, to perform multiple mouse studies simultaneously and to report study data
- Experience with orthotopic tumor models is desirable (models of renal cell carcinoma, colorectal cancer and mammary carcinoma)
- Experience with tasks related to efficacy studies: tumor cell implantation, tumor volume measurement, blood draws (survival and terminal bleed), necropsy and tissue collection and processing
- Experience with dosing of therapeutic agents by various routes of administration (IP, oral gavage and IV)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to collaborate with the scientific team