475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We seek an outstanding candidate to join Small Molecule Analytical Development and Quality Control efforts in Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Responsibilities include designing and performing high-throughput screening (HTS) for salt/crystallinity/polymorph screening, solid state characterization, solubility determinations, process chemistry and formulation optimization and other analytical research studies supporting early-phase drug development.
- The successful candidate will accomplish our mission through innovation, collaboration with our subject matter experts, creative problem-solving, Design of Experiments, and use of state-of-the-art technology including robotic laboratory systems, XRPD, microscopy, ultra-high-pressure LC, mass spectrometry, particle sizing, chiral separations, supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) and other analytical instruments.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS/MS in a relevant scientific discipline (chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or chemical engineering preferred) with 2 – 5 years’ experience in small molecule drug discovery within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Candidates must have good theoretical knowledge of analytical and/or organic chemistry.
- Some backgrounds in lab automation, chromatography (HPLC and data handling/reporting), knowledge of pharmaceutics, nanoparticle drug delivery systems, dissolution/permeation kinetics and IVIVC modeling, solid state characterization or drug discovery are desirable.
- Experience in high-content data visualization, mining, and programming is a plus.
- Candidates should have good problem solving / communication skills, and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- The position requires good organizational skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.