340 Pt. San Bruno Blvd., SSF15 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- A temp position in the Translational Neuroscience group to support research and drug development for novel treatments of neurodegenerative disease.
- The candidate will be working as a part of a team that conducts in vivo characterization of animal models of neurodegeneration as well as pk/pd and efficacy studies with large and small molecules.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting in vivo dosing, mouse necropsy, tissue harvest and analysis of target engagement and efficacy of putative therapeutics in mouse models of disease.
- The candidate must participate in managing flow of data from outsourced and internal studies to CALM for imaging and analysis.
- Individuals will have the opportunity to be creative in their work, to develop or run existing biochemical assays, analyze and present data, and to publish original work.
- The individual will interact with and communicate TN needs to other groups (BMI, DMPK) as part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS in Neuroscience or related field plus 1-3 years research experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience handling rodents is essential
- The ideal candidate should be familiar with multiple dosing methods, including p.o., i.p. and i.v.
- Candidate should have experience with standard necropsy procedures.
- Experience performing IHC/IF, confocal imaging, Western blots, and ELISAs is essential.
- Adherence to animal protocols and compliance with basic ethical and regulatory requirements for animal handling are critically important.
- Must be a detail-oriented researcher with attention to good experimental design and comfort using graphing and statistical analysis software.
- Additional experience using FACS/single cell technology + RNAseq is a plus.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented, dependable, self-starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.