1 DNA Way, SSF01 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to participate in generating proof-of-concept data for a novel project in Immunology-Oncology.
- The ideal candidate will possess a keen interest in T cell immunology and cell engineering technologies.
- Experiments will involve modification of primary murine T cells by DNA transfection or retroviral transduction and functional analysis of the engineered T cells in vitro and in vivo.
- The selected candidate will also provide hands-on support including isolation of immune cells from murine tissue samples and Flow Cytometry for pipeline projects in Cancer Vaccines for the Translational Oncology group.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement is Bachelor’ s degree with 5 years of direct experience from industry or academic research laboratory.
- Candidates with a Ph.D. in immunology who are interested in developing their skills in cell engineering or Cancer Immunology are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must have proficiency in basic cellular immunology including isolation of immune cell populations from mice for T cell functional assays and multi-color Flow Cytometry.
- Experience with transfection of primary T cells by electroporation or retroviral transduction, and an ability to perform in vivo analysis of T cell function in murine tumor models is highly desired.
- Familiarity with scientific software programs including Excel, PRISM, FlowJo or equivalent.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented, dependable, and a self-starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.