475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) Department is seeking a highly motivated individual to support studies in the Drug Permeability/Transport group.
- Primary responsibilities will include cell culture and maintenance, running in vitro experiments, using LC/MS/MS, and data analysis.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Qualified candidates should possess a BA/BS or Masters in biological sciences or related discipline with 0-5 years of experience.
- Hands-on experience with LC/MS/MS is required.
- Experience with permeability assays (MDCK/Caco-2), cell culture, excellent aseptic technique, and good oral/written communication skills are highly desirable.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal skills, team oriented, dependable, and self-starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Preferred Skills: Mass spectrometry, LC/MS/MS, quantitation, quantification, bioanalytical, bioanalysis, metabolic stability, plasma protein binding (PPB, equilibrium dialysis, ultrafiltration), hepatocyte stability, induction, permeability, transport, efflux, MDR1, BCRP, MRP2, transwell assay, permeability assay, transport assay, bidirectional assay, blood-brain barrier (BBB), high throughput screening (HTS)
- Cell culture or in vitro experience not required (but preferred). But successful candidate MUST be willing to learn these techniques.