301 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Research Associate designs and executes experiments in a cell culture/purification development environment.
- The primary scope of responsibility is hands on work in the lab to support cell culture experiments and associated project goals, technology development, and support for downstream work.
- The Associate will collaborate with a multifunctional team - Cell Culture and PurDev to set up, develop and optimize end to end continuous bioprocessing at lab scale.
- The duration of this role is one year.
- During this period, the role is accountable for design and optimization of a perfusion process at the production stage (N) in cell culture.
- Establish a business case for N stage perfusion and develop a baseline perfusion process that is transferable across different cell lines.
- This role coordinates with a diverse group of stakeholders including Purification Development, Cell Culture, and Process Development Researchers to develop, design, implement, test, and successfully deliver on the project goals.
- Set-up lab-scale perfusion experiments.
- Evaluate and optimize perfusion process.
- Evaluate different perfusion technologies, if needed, to identify technology that supports our process and business case needs.
- Test multiple molecules in established baseline perfusion process.
- Set-up lab-scale Continuous downstream chromatography.
- Continue optimizing connections of N stage cell culture with no intermediate harvest step directly to a continuous capture step.
- Establish lab scale continuous purification operations connecting upstream and downstream - end to end upto UFDF.
- Test for impurity/PQ attributes and optimize process to deliver equivalent quality to that of standard platform process.
- Share experimental plans, development and results/updates with the global team (PTDE/U - PZ and US) on a regular basis.
- Expected to deliver communication in both written and verbal formats within workgroup and immediate collaborators.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S or M.S. in Chemical or Biological Engineering with a minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong communication and proactive attitude.
- Candidate must be comfortable with working in a dynamic, innovative and change-oriented environment.
- Prior experience working with laboratory scale cell culture processes, including reactor set up, operation, and in-process and post-process sample processing and analysis.
- Good GLP skills are preferred.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique preferred.
- Experience with Excel is preferred.
- The position requires a highly motivated, independent, detail oriented team player.
- Good organization, initiative, and a collaborative attitude are essential.