475 E Grand Ave., SSF43 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnical company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at; www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We seek an outstanding candidate to join our Automation Group in Small Molecule Analytical Development, in Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Responsibilities include designing and developing a high-throughput screening (HTS) system for excipient chemical compatibility and formulation optimization to support early-phase drug development.
- Other duties include chemical reactions, salt/crystallinity/polymorph screening, solid state characterization, solubility determinations, and other analytical research studies.
- The successful candidate will accomplish our mission through innovation, collaboration with our subject matter experts, creative problem-solving, Design of Experiments, and use of state-of-the-art technology including robotic laboratory systems, XRPD, microscopy, UHPLC, mass spectrometry, chiral separations, supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) and other analytical instruments.
- BS/MS in a relevant scientific discipline (chemistry or chemical engineering, pharmaceutics preferred) with 2 – 6 years’ experience in small molecule chemistry within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Candidates must have good knowledge of analytical and organic chemistry.
- A background in lab automation, chromatography (HPLC and data handling/reporting), knowledge of pharmaceutics, solid state characterization or drug discovery are desirable. Candidates should have good problem solving / communication skills, and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- The position requires good organizational and communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.