475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Establishing, monitoring, and maintaining patient derived xenograft (PDX) models using sterile in vivo techniques, as well as keeping up to date documentation
- Support the core dosing team with administration of test compounds
- Focus on animal monitoring, data collection and management, assisting with tissue collection, performing procedures requiring anesthesia, maintaining lab cleanliness, and working with biohazardous and chemical materials.
- Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays when requested for business needs
- AA, BA, or BS in Biology or other related field is ideal
- Proficient in basic rodent in vivo handling, dosing, and sample collection techniques
- Computer proficiency, especially knowledge of Excel, and a basic knowledge of databases are necessary
- Must be capable of standing, lifting, kneeling, bending, etc., for extended periods of time
- Must be willing to work with potentially hazardous materials and be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Experience with in vivo oncology research a plus