280 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a friendly, energetic and hardworking Research Associate. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team of business professionals focused on treatments to help individuals with diseases that affect the functionality of an individual.
The culture is based on the idea of others. They pride themselves in their commitment to finding cures that other biotech companies have not tackled.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
This position will support bioanalysis, in vitro ADME studies, formulation, and pharmaceutical characterization for lead/development compounds in support of discovery and development programs. The ideal candidate will have experience with formulation and/or physicochemical characterization of small molecule drug candidates. He/She will conduct established in vitro ADME assays and bioanalytical analysis as well as assist in the development and validation of in vitro and ex vivo assays to characterize pharmaceutical and ADME properties of small molecule therapeutics. He/She will participate as a team member and collaborator with a number of diverse departments to contribute to a research effort to validate assays in the areas of drug absorption, metabolism, elimination, clearance and drug-drug interactions.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Prepare stock solutions/formulations.
- Prepare biological samples using different extraction techniques.
- Analyze biological samples and analytical samples by LC-MS/MS and HPLC.
- Design and execute standard ADME assays.
- Process and report analytical data.
- Participate in scientific discussions at Analytical/DMPK group meetings.
- Present experimental data to the group.
- A BS/MS in analytical chemistry or related field.
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation.
- Knowledge in HPLC and LC/MS operation, instrument maintenance, and troubleshooting is required.
- Familiarity with a range of laboratory automation instrumentation including robotic liquid handlers - Mechanically inclined.
- Experience working in DMPK, Analytical, Biology or other related Laboratory
- HPLC and LC/MS operation experience.
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society.