341 Allerton Ave.
South San Franciscio,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16359
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate to be part of our Client’ s team in the South San Francisco Area.
This is an opportunity to join a microbiome drug discovery platform to develop novel therapeutics in a range of disease. Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation! This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
Duties and Obligations:
- Perform experiments to study changes in the bacterial physiology of engineered strains
- Construct plasmids for protein expression and analyze protein quantities
- Screen conditions for optimal bacterial cell viability under harsh conditions
- Independently analyze scientific results, troubleshoot methods, and conceive creative solutions and workflows to address challenges
- Document and present experimental results, conclusions, and interpretations at departmental and cross-functional project team meetings
- Take the initiative to stay abreast of relevant scientific literature in order to contribute to scientific discussion
- Bachelors or Masters in Biological Science (Molecular Biology, Microbiology)
- At least one year’ s experience working independently in a lab, designing experiments, and reporting results
- Experience with cloning (PCR troubleshooting, Vector design, sequence analysis)
- Experience with culturing and genetics of gram+ bacteria (preferably LAB bacteria) - preferred but not required
- Experience with protein expression and analysis (SDS-page, Western Blot, ELISA)
- Accustomed to providing excellent documentation with strong written and verbal communication skills