791 Lincoln Avenue San Rafael, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in San Rafael. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the generation, characterization, and release of critical reagents used in clinical and non-clinical sample analysis, the CRG Research Associate will be a critical service to the assay development and testing groups by building and continuously supplying customized protein reagents for internal and outsourced assays.
- Produce consistently prepared and well characterized reagents to reduce the risk of assay failure and ensure methods meet regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the development and quality of Critical Reagents including purifying proteins, conducting protein conjugations (e.g. biotinylation, ruthenylation using standard chemistry), assessing their purity and affinity, and generating Certificates of Analysis.
- Monitors and or trend lot-to-lot variability, and may assist with reagent troubleshooting
- Develop new techniques, or bring in new technology from the outside, to enhance the analytical capabilities of the group.
- Prepare SOPs, reports and documents such as characterization protocols, development reports, and testing data reports.
- Share responsibility for lab management duties.
- Participates and presents data and shares responsibility for project milestones
- Participates in meetings and contributes to original peer-reviewed publications
- Ensure GLP-compliant sample handling, assay performance and laboratory operations through adherence to SOPs and departmental practices
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Multi-well absorbance, electrochemiluminescence and fluorescence plate reader and associated software.
- SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, Surface Plasmon Resonance
- Pipettors, plate washers and related assay equipment
- Chromatography systems such as HPLC, AKTA FPLC, and Multiple Angle Light Scattering (MALS).
- Windows network environment, MS Office, etc.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Preferred: Bachelor’ s degree in biology, biochemistry, or related field or equivalent experience with critical reagents, clinical assays or other quantitative analytical methods in a biological or biochemical field.
- Required: Bachelor’ s Degree with 0-4 years of experience in a bioanalytical laboratory, research laboratory, or biotechnology company.
- Preferred: Skills with Protein Conjugations and Characterization, Chromatography systems, ELISA and other analytical methods in a GLP-compliant environment, or equivalent analytical experience in a regulated lab environment.
- Preferred: Experience with GLP or GMP documentation and testing.
- Preferred: Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.