1541 Industrial Rd San Carlos, CA 94070
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate to be part of our Client’ s team in the Peninsula. This is an opportunity to work with a molecular diagnostics company that engages in the detection and monitoring of life threatening viral diseases in the areas of cervical cancer, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, breast and ovarian cancer, and organ transplant rejection.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in the beautiful San Carlos area.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop products for IVD and CE-IVD use within appropriate regulatory guidelines
- Isolate and purify PBMCs from human blood
- Generate and maintain working stock of cell lines for Product Development studies
- Monitor inventory of cell culture reagents and supplies and be responsible for ordering
- Carry out feasibility studies of initial product design
- Perform stability studies to establish product storage conditions and shelf life
- Plan and conduct testing to verify assay performance and validate the product design
- Record experimental results, write protocols, and reports to document prototype development
- Assist with execution and planning of process validation studies
- Use of Biosafety Level 2 practices for potentially hazardous biological materials
- Perform benchtop lab work with repetitive manual tasks and while maintaining detailed visual observations
- BS in molecular biology/biochemistry or related field with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Technical proficiency in cell culture and aseptic techniques
- Experience working in Biosafety Level 2 laboratory setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and innovative environment
- Experience with molecular diagnostic product or clinical assay development desired
- Experience working in a GMP environment or FDA-regulated industrial setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques desired
- Flow Cytometry experience is a plus
Work conditions and physical requirements
- The work is performed indoors, in a biology laboratory and a general office environment.
- Minimum use of hazardous and/or toxic chemicals and potentially hazardous biological materials.
- Some tasks require the ability to work extended periods of time on a computer.
- The employee must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.