300 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in San Rafael. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Purification and characterization of recombinant proteins produced in mammalian and E. coli expression systems.
- Purify tagged and untagged proteins using variety of chromatographic separation techniques (AEX, CEX, CHT, HIC, SEC, affinity)
- Analyze purified products using standard protein characterization methods including SDS-PAGE, CE-SDS, and SEC-MALS.
- Troubleshoot and optimize methods and procedures through data interpretation, identification of novel or alternate procedures and techniques
- Write protocols and present results in project and team meetings
Summary of Qualifications:
- At least BS plus four or MS plus two years of hands-on experience in a laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated experience in untagged protein purification on the AKTA platform.
- Experience with protein quantitation and binding assays (ELISA, ForteBio Octet, Biacore) is preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and record keeping abilities to document progress and results.
- Highly motivated to work and actively contribute in a collaborative laboratory environment.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to work independently or as part of a cross-functional team.