850 Maude Ave Mountain View, CA 94043
Important duties and must haves:
Duties will include monitoring pre-clinical mouse and rat efficacy models, PK studies. Must be able to perform routine procedures such as dosing (i.e. subcutaneous, oral gavage), weighing, scoring and blood collection.
At least 2 years of experience handling mice and rats. It is a requirement to maintain excellent documentation including notebooks, data files and study logs. Basic computer skills (Excel). Available for after hours, weekend and holiday rotations for dosing and monitoring of studies.
Position: Research Associate
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to perform animal work involved with the husbandry and technical procedures of laboratory rodents. Responsibilities include conducting pharmacokinetic studies and various pre-clinical pharmacology models, particularly models of immunology and cancer.
The candidate will report to the Senior Scientist, Manager of Vivarium Science. We expect the successful candidate to thrive in a dynamic environment, working on accelerated timelines, and enjoy creative and challenging work within a multidisciplinary team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing and recording daily clinical observations for multiple animal models.
- Update and maintain study logs accurately and in a timely manner.
- Conduct pharmakonetic and toxicology studies in support of efficacy studies.
- Technical proficiency in animal dosing by various routes (IV, IP, SC, PO).
- Performing routine procedures such as weighing, blood collection and scoring of efficacy models.
- Assist in performing small animal surgery.
- Must be available for weekend and holiday rotations for dosing and monitoring of studies.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Ability to interact professionally with all employees and outside personnel.
- Able to work independently as well effectively and harmoniously as part of a team in a fast-paced research environment
- Proficiency with computers and standard application software.
- High school or GED required.
- Bachelor’ s degree in science preferred.
Practical knowledge of IACUC policies desired.
Minimum of 2 years of experience conducting and dosing of animal studies.