626 Bancroft Way, Suite D Berkeley, CA 94710 | Contract-to-Hire
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate to be part of our Client’ s team in the East Bay.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- A background in cell biology/biotechnology and hands-on experience in development of stable cell lines (CHO, HEK, etc) for production of recombinant proteins, especially antibodies.
- Development of cell lines for expression of antibodies and other recombinant proteins using mammalian expression systems.
- Construct expression vectors, perform transfections, develop and characterize cell lines that express recombinant proteins.
- Perform small to large scale production of recombinant proteins in transient and stable mammalian expression systems.
- Preform basic molecular biology techniques, construct design and development is required as well as a working knowledge of protein purification.
- Perform mammalian cell culture techniques including growth and maintenance of cells, transfection procedures, protein purification and analysis is required.
- Interact closely with other scientists to drive technology development and expression enhancement efforts.
- BS/MS in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- At least 5 years relevant technical experience in a biotech environment.
- Hands-on experience with transient and stable transfections (i.e. HEK 293 and CHO cell lines) with minimal supervision.
- Must have hands-on experience with instrumentation and/or protocols used for single cell cloning for making clonal cell lines for expression of recombinant proteins.
- Familiarity with software used for building DNA constructs.
- Perform small to large scale transient productions of recombinant antibodies or other proteins in CHO or HEK 293 expression systems.
- Growth and maintenance of attached and suspension cells and preparation of cell banks.
- DNA transfection and analysis of recombinant protein by Octet, ELISA and Western blotting.
- Perform media/feed studies and manufacturability assessment assays.
- Participate in method development and evaluation of new expression technologies.
- Experience using platforms for automated liquid handling and plate tracking.
- Experience with flow cytometry instrument operation and analysis software is beneficial.
- Experience in one or more techniques for characterization of antibody and antibody-like molecules (HPLC, SEC, DLS, DSF, DSC, BLI using Octet etc) is a plus.
- Accurate and organized data recording in laboratory notebooks.
- Order and maintain adequate laboratory supplies and maintain safe and clean laboratory space.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Proficiency with DNA and protein analysis software and Microsoft Office suite.