Research Associate IV
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate IV to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate IV
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Senior Research Associate develops, optimizes, validates and implements immunoassays to measure therapeutic drug levels, to detect and characterize anti-therapeutic immune responses, to measure biomarkers, and/or to generate in vitro characterization data in support of pre-clinical and clinical studies. This will involve manual laboratory work, the use of automation systems and various assay platforms, and participation in compliance and safety related activities.
- All RAs in ADT are expected to contribute to departmental activities, laboratory upkeep and maintenance, and they may also be expected to help train colleagues.
- This proactive individual works in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy to design experiments, interpret data and troubleshoot technical problems, write and review technical reports, and present and interpret data at cross-functional project team meetings.
- This individual is expected to become a resource for a recognized area of technical expertise within the department.
- This individual may also be expected to mentor more junior Research Associates, to lead the investigation and assessment of new technologies, and/or represent BAS on cross-functional teams, as well as lead cross-functional technical teams.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. in Biological Sciences or equivalent with 5-8 years hands-on laboratory experience in industry developing bioanalytical methods.
- Familiarity with biochemistry, cellular and molecular biological methods is essential, along with a track record of solving complex bioanalytical problems.
- Experience developing ELISAs and/or immunochemistry is an advantage.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of standard laboratory procedures and computerized data handling is also essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, multi-tasking and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as with a group, handle multiple projects, and demonstrate initiative and creativity.