Research Associate IV
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate IV to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate IV
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The job will provide an excellent opportunity to work with enthusiastic scientists in an encouraging research friendly environment.
- It will also allow you to validate findings from the on-going phase 3 clinical trials and explore novel hypotheses that may have direct impact on the future disease area strategy.
- Responsibilities would include designing and conducting experiments to validate observations from clinical trials, keep up to date with literature, maintain lab notebook, analyze data, and present in regular meetings.
- In particular, individual will need to implement CRISPR based genome editing methodologies, immune-tumor cell invitro co culture assays, next generation sequencing assays including single nuclei RNAseq, single cell RNAseq, and bulk RNAseq.
Summary of Qualifications:
- PhD level candidate with 0 years’ experience or if the candidate does not have a PhD, they should have 5+ years of laboratory research experience in the field of cancer biology. Bachelors or Masters degree in a biology-related field (Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry preferred).
- Qualified candidates will have a skillset demonstrating successful application of CRISPR/Cas-9 based gene editing, gene expression NGS assays, genetic manipulation either in cell-based systems or model organisms.
- Preferred expertise includes some or all of the following: knowledge in cell signaling, immuno-phenotyping, flow-cytometry, tumor/stromal-immune cell interaction assays, next generation sequencing, western blotting, primary and/or stem cell models, genome engineering, immune cell culture, 2D and 3D tumor cell culture, molecular cloning and RNA/DNA/protein quantification.
- Working knowledge of single cell biology, biostatistics, and/or basic bioinformatics is strongly desired.
- The successful candidate will be someone who is communicative, explores new ideas/hypotheses, and is able to independently design experiments to test the hypothesis.