Research Associate III
1 DNA Way, SSF01 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are looking for a candidate to join the Molecular Biology Group within the Biomolecular Resources department.
- He/she will be part of the team to generate the protein expression constructs required to explore the structure and functional properties of proteins of therapeutic interest, to generate antigen constructs for antibodies production, to support protein reagent development for HTS and basic research.
- The successful candidate will work with the team to register all the DNA plasmids in the biomolecules registration infrastructure and will collaborate with our established vendors through our outsourcing strategy to generate protein expression constructs for numerous projects.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS in biology, biochemistry, or related discipline with 2 or more years of technical experience in molecular biology and tissue culture or areas related to protein expression are required.
- Experience with standard molecular biology is required.
- Experience with E. coli, baculovirus, mammalian protein systems and basic knowledge in bioinformatics is a plus.
- Candidate must be highly organized, motivated, work independently in a collaborative team-oriented setting, and have strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.