Research Associate III
99 DNA Way, SSF10 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be involved in the construct design and protein purification for 1-10 liter scale protein preparations from both intracellular as well as extracellular sources (E. coli, insect cells, mammalian cells), and characterize protein quality using various biophysical and biochemical methods.
Summary of Qualifications:
- The successful candidate must have either a BS/MS degree with 6-10 years of experience OR a PhD with 0-2 years of experience in Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Structural Biology or a related discipline.
- Working knowledge of common protein expression systems such as mammalian, insect, E coli.
- Expertise with modern protein purification and chromatography techniques, and knowledgeable with operating AKTA chromatography systems as well as analytical HPLC systems.
- Proficiency with methods to characterize protein quality and purity, such as mass spectrometry, SEC-MALS/DLS, endotoxin assays etc.
- Expertise with biophysical and biochemical protein-protein interaction techniques and/or functional assays.
- Experience with structural biology techniques will be a plus, but not essential.
- Experience with basic lab automation.
- Passion for troubleshooting to overcome challenging scientific problems.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, dynamic and curious person with good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Team-oriented and collaborative nature.