Research Associate III
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We seek an outstanding candidate to join Small Molecule Analytical Chemistry. Responsibilities include characterization of small molecule drug candidates, method development, execution of analytical methods, and new analytical technology evaluation.
- The candidate will develop chiral and achiral HPLC methods, conduct assays, document studies in notebooks, summarize and interpret the data, and troubleshoot technical problems.
- The role is in a multi-functional environment supporting drug discovery, discovery pharmaceutics and process chemistry.
- The successful candidate will accomplish our mission through innovation and teamwork, creative problem-solving, and use of state-of-the-art technology including UHPLC-MS, multidimensional HPLC, GC, IC, KF, DSC/TGA, UV, and CAD.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS/MS/PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (chemistry, pharmaceutics or chemical engineering preferred).
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must have good knowledge of analytical and organic chemistry. Background in chromatography (HPLC and data handling/reporting) is required.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutics, solid state characterization, and drug discovery is desirable.
- Candidates should have good problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- The position requires good organizational skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.