Research Associate III
389 DNA Way, SSF20 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a talented and highly motivated candidate to assist with efficiency initiatives in Process Virology, Pharma Technical Development.
- Candidate will be working as part of a team in the laboratory conducting and optimizing virus stock production, contributing to virus clearance studies, and implementation of cell based assay equipment for validation studies.
- Candidate will be responsible for executing cell based infectivity assays, virus nucleic acid purification and quantification, equipment qualification, and documentation of results in standard operating protocols and reports.
- This work will also include preparation of buffers, cell culture media, and cell culture maintenance.
- The candidate must be able to perform multiple laboratory duties and follow lab safety compliance.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Must have BS/MS degree in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, virology or a related field.
- 3+ years of hands-on cell culture experience and a familiarity with virus quantification (plaque, TCID50 assay) and virus stock preparation technique.
- Preferably 3+ years’ experience in cell culture and molecular biology in pharmaceutical industry.
- Practical understanding of separation techniques in virus purification as well as knowledge of analytical techniques applicable to virus purification or cell culture is preferred.
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance. Must be self-motivated, flexible, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively. Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required.
- Strong focus on technical troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- Experience with or understanding of equipment qualification and validation requirements is also desirable.