Research Associate III
103 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate III to be part of our client’ s team in the South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate III:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work alongside a group of researchers evaluating novel therapies in the field of cancer immunotherapy.
- Explore mechanism of action, combinatorial therapeutic strategies, and elucidate biomarkers to support the identification of companion diagnostics that are predictive of therapeutic response.
- Work closely with discovery scientists to advance research stage programs into early clinical development, providing both scientific and technical expertise.
Summary of Qualifications:
- MS degree in immunology, oncology, biology or related field, PhD strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of hands-on relevant experience with a track record of success as evidenced by a strong publication record, and/or, evidence of sustained contributions in the biopharmaceutical industry required.
- Must have demonstrated expertise of a wide range of cellular and biochemical assays, including cell isolation and culture, molecular biology, flow cytometry, cellular immunology assays and familiarity with in vivo models of immune disease or oncology are required.
- Excellent communication skills, can present research at intra- and inter-departmental meetings, and work effectively as part of a team is a must.
- Experience in Cytof and/or high dimensional flow cyotmetric analysis is highly desirable.
- Qualified candidates should be adept at independently designing, executing and interpreting experiments.