Research Associate II
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a highly motivated Scientific Researcher to join the Cytometry Biomarker group within Development Sciences.
- Our group is responsible for designing and implementing biomarker assays for programs in clinical development at Genentech in immunology, immuno-oncology, hematological oncology, and other new therapeutic areas.
- The successful candidate will join our dynamic team and provide technical oversight and project management of a unique clinical biomarker study investigating immune phenotypes in blood and cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) treated with B cell depleting therapy.
- This study involves local flow cytometry testing in +20 global academic and clinical sites.
- The responsibilities of this position include: 1) tracking and shipping critical reagents, 2) virtual training of lab staff on flow cytometry methods, 3) liaison between labs and biomarker team, 3) technical analysis and monitoring of clinical biomarker data.
- The desired candidate will have a solid understanding of immunology; demonstrate strong expertise in immunological cell subsets such as effector and regulatory T, B, and/or monocyte subsets.
- Attention to detail, good communication, and collaboration skills will be essential to excel in this position.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BA/BS/MS or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal skills, team-oriented, dependable, and self-starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Experience preferably in a clinical trial biomarkers.