Research Associate II
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The candidate will contribute to the transfer of microbial fermentation processes for the production of recombinant proteins to external contract manufacturers.
- Responsibilities will include document review, data transfer and monitoring of fermentations. Responsibilities will also include support of onsite project activities: run execution, analyses of in-process samples, review of fermentation trends, documentation of data and molecular biology based lab work.
Summary of Qualifications:
- The candidate should have a BS or MS in chemical or biochemical engineering, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology or related field with 2+ years of related experience.
- Experience with bacterial fermentation, quantitative analysis and molecular biology is highly desirable.
- This position will require strong communication skills to facilitate effective internal and external collaborations/interactions. Flexible working hours may also be required.
- Strong analytical skills in addition to excellent verbal and written communication abilities are required. The candidate should be highly motivated and organized with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.