Research Associate II
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The OMNI-Biomarker Development department at Genentech provides translational science support to inform the clinical development of novel personalized therapeutics in disease areas of Ophthalmology, Metabolism, Neuroscience, Immunology and Infectious Diseases (OMNI). Our biomarker strategies are designed to study the molecular pathways driving the disease and to establish the mechanism of action of our therapeutics. We focus on prognostic, predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers to enable our vision of “ the right drug for the right patient at the right dose”.
- As a member of the mass spectrometry team within the OMNI biomarker group, the ideal candidate will assist with analysis of large scale proteomics datasets, develop new tools and applications to automate LC-MS system monitoring, and perform rolling data quality inspections to ensure data are consistent over time.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Preferred candidates will have a BS or MS in analytic chemistry, statistics, bioengineering, bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science or a related field
- Solid understanding of statistics concepts and algorithms to solve problems in biology, engineering, business or medicine
- Preferred candidates will have experience with AQUA peptide-based quantification, and data analysis
- Coding skills in at least one of the following programming languages: R (preferred), Python, Matlab
- Specific experience with triple quad-based mass spectrometry and analysis using Skyline is a plus
- Familiarity with mass spectrometry informatics and proteomics data is a plus
- Experience in interactive data visualization and analysis reports (R Markdown, Jupyter, Plotly) is a plus
- Proven record of delivering results (e.g. publications or open-source tools)
- In addition, the candidate should have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, be able to work independently as well as in a team environment, and be willing and eager to learn new technologies