Research Associate II
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will develop or guide the CRO to develop biochemical and immuno-assays for protein quantification and characterization.
- Responsibilities will include transferring developed assays and ensuring the CRO produce consistent results that is comparable with in house data.
- The individual will review data and report results using commercially available and customized software in multiple assay methodologies.
- In addition, the candidate will be responsible for shipping samples to the CRO by obtaining the necessary paperwork and preparing the samples for shipping.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience in biotech/pharmaceutical companies.
- We are seeking a highly motivated candidate who possesses excellent analytical skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the capacity and desire to learn new methodologies.
- This individual should be team oriented, dependable, self-starter and have the ability to think critically.
- In addition, the individual must be able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- This individual should have prior industry experience and expertise in immuno-assays and automation.
- Assay development experience is required.
- In addition, the individual will be expected to incorporate automation in his/her daily work, develop new applications, and have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently as well as a collaborative environment is preferred.
- Competent in using various data analysis and reporting software such as Microsoft Excel, Prism, and PowerPoint is preferred.