Research Associate II
103 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The OMNI Biomarker Discovery Department is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to perform research related to biomarker discovery efforts in chronic respiratory disorders.
- The position will report to a lead Scientist for the Department' s lung inflammation/fibrosis programs.
- The successful candidate should be capable of a variety of in vitro and in vivo techniques to elucidate the disease pathways of interest and will be expected to make intellectual as well as technical contributions to the team.
- Specific responsibilities will include performing exploratory disease-oriented research utilizing human blood/tissue samples, data analyses and presentation, and contributing to experimental design and planning
Summary of Qualifications:
- A BS/MS in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Immunology or a related field is required.
- The successful applicant will have a BS/MS in immunology, microbiology, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, or related field and relevant experience in an academic or industry laboratory setting.
- Candidates with a PhD and relevant work experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with high quality RNA extraction from limited/challenging tissue, and proficiency in basic laboratory techniques such cell culture, ELISA and qPCR required.
- Good oral/written communication skills, creative problem-solving ability, and the skill to integrate detailed analyses into a larger disease-oriented context will be expected.