Research Associate II
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We have an opening for a talented Scientific Researcher/Senior Scientific Researcher (temporary position) to join the Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology department in our Large Molecule Drug Discovery division.
- Our lab is responsible for supporting therapeutic antibody discovery projects related to Cancer-Immunology and Oncology.
- Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing, optimizing and performing immunochemical, biochemical and cellular assays to characterize binding, potency and mechanism of action of drug candidates.
- Besides, the candidate is expected to show interest in new technologies and work closely with our automation group to improve throughput and quality of our assays.
Summary of Qualifications:
- A B.S. or M.S. in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or a related field. 3+ years of industrial experience would be preferred.
- A strong emphasis will be placed on independent individuals with extensive experience in drug discovery, who can quickly adapt and deliver high quality data in a timely manner within multi-disciplinary project teams.
- The candidate should have experience in the development and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays in a variety of different formats.
- The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, rigorous and have a solid scientific background with a strong critical thinking ability.
- Strong teamwork, organizational skills, and written and oral communication skills are essential.