Research Associate II
1 DNA Way, SSF04 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Safety-Assessment, Pathology provides pre-clinical pathology assessment of risk. Our Digital Pathology group within Safety-Assessment, Pathology aims to massively increase the information we obtain from digital histopathology slides, by applying computational methods to aid pathological evaluation that hitherto, only humans have been able to do.
- We are integrating cutting edge digital and computational methods into our pathology workflows and developing computational analyses in support of pathologist identification and interpretation of findings.
- We have a temporary position for a talented Research Associate to join our Digital Pathology group in Safety-Assessment, Pathology.
- As part of our team, the successful candidate will assist in the development and implementation of image-analysis methods and pipelines using both traditional and advanced (machine and deep learning) methods.
- The candidate will be expected to be able to use commercially available image analysis software and provide basic statistical analyses and visualizations of results.
- Ideally, the candidate will also assist in the development and implementation of new AI based image analysis algorithms, and will have experience programming.
- Experience programming in Python is essential.
- The candidate will be required to work closely with pathologists to design and implement image analysis processes to address biological questions, as well as with computational and data scientists in a variety of departments; excellent people and communication skills and a desire to work across disciplinary boundaries is essential.
Summary of Qualifications:
- MS/PhD level scientist
- Training and experience in computer sciences and interest in biomedical sciences is a must.
- Required to have the ability to use standard image segmentation and statistical analysis software
- Comfort working through iterative design with frequent feedback is a must
- Required to have strong communication across disciplines
- Must have the desire to work closely with and help others
- Must be able to code in Python
- Experience with biomedical microscopy and/or image analysis a plus is desired
- Desired to have experience with R, Matlab, and statistical analysis desirable
- Experience in deep learning is nice to have