Research Associate II
1 DNA Way, SSF01 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This position is embedded within the immunohistochemistry (IHC) core and focused on higher order multiplexing (4+markers), providing scientific expertise for tissue-based assays across the pathology core labs.
- The pathology IHC/ISH core is a state-of-the art lab equipped with automated platforms and develops assays primarily for discovery research using in-house generated and commercially available antibodies or probes.
- The main duties of the position include designing, planning and performing higher order multiplexed immunofluorescence (IF) assays, Ion Mass Spectrometry (IMC) assays or other multiplexed assays for projects within oncology, immunology and neurobiology.
- The individual in this position will independently conduct studies from inception through assay development/experimentation to data interpretation.
- Candidates should enjoy associated challenges such as implementing new technologies and working across functional groups.
- Other job relevant tasks include data acquisition (microscopy), image analysis, photographic documentation, recording, compilation, interpretation and presentation of results.
Summary of Qualifications:
- An addition to strong scientific credentials, candidates must have a record of productivity as well as relevant professional experience.
- Candidates must enjoy handling multiple collaborative projects and working in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication, multitasking, organization, record keeping, problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a team are therefore essential.
- The position requires a high degree of independence and thorough understanding and proficient use of IHC techniques, in particular multiplexed methods.
- Candidates should have a desire to perform bench-work. In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with microscopy and histology is a must.
- Experience with imaging mass cytometry (IMC) and image analysis is a plus.