Research Associate II
44 DNA Way, SSF03 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated researcher to work on developing new technologies to improve cell line development processes for new molecule modalities.
- The successful candidate will learn stable CHO cell line development for clinical and commercial manufacturing using targeted integration expression technology.
- The candidate will be responsible for improving targeted integration processes and/or host genome editing.
- The ideal candidate will have expertise in gene editing and/or cell therapy techniques that can be applied to bioprocessing.
- This is an ideal position for a researcher who is enthusiastic about innovation, gaining drug development experience, and delving into new therapeutic modalities.
- As such the position requires excellent communication skills, the desire to learn about and integrate multiple aspects of drug development and a passion for generating therapeutics for patients.
- The selected individual is expected to work independently with minimal supervision to design and execute different experiments in parallel.
Summary of Qualifications:
- The candidate should have a B.S. or M.S with preferably 2+ years of experience, or a PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or other related disciplines.
- The ideal candidate will possess expertise in molecular and cell biology including DNA and cell manipulation, gene copy number analysis, and an appropriate level of bioinformatics and data science.
- The candidate must be skilled in communication and presentation and is able to clearly convey complex ideas and data both verbally and written.
- Expectations for this position include a strong work ethic, ability to work well with others and robust problem-solving skills.